Bishop's Medal dedicated in Templecarne Parish


On 16th December 2012, at the annual carol service in Templecarne Parish Church, Pettigo, a historic Bishop's Medal was dedicated by the Rt Revd John McDowell, Bishop of Clogher.

The medal was originally awarded to Gladys E. Bishop some ninety-five years ago in 1917. It was gifted to the Parish by Miss Helen Humphries, a relative of Miss Bishop. Gladys was 15 years of age when she received the Medal. She had been organist in Templecarne Parish Church from she was a teenager until six months prior to her death in January 1988 when she was 85 years of age.

Ven. Cecil Pringle Miss Helen Humphries and Rt Revd John McDowell