On Sunday 6th May, a service of Dedication and Thanksgiving was held at St. Salvator’s Church in Glaslough when the Right Reverend John McDowell, Bishop of Clogher, dedicated the recent extensive roof repairs. The work was completed by Lir Construction, under the guidance of the Diocesan Architect Mr Stephen Leighton who is a specialist in heritage conservation.
St. Salvator’s was originally built in 1670, rebuilt in 1763 and remodelled and enlarged circa 1880 to designs by Sir John Leslie, of Castle Leslie.
Bishop John McDowell also dedicated a new Altar Frontlet, Bible markers and Pulpit Fall which had been presented to the Church by the Crawford family in memory of their daughter the late Yvonne Boyd, tocomplete the set of colours for the liturgical year. A new Mother’s Union banner was also dedicated.
The Reverend Margaret Pringle led the service withspecial music provided by the Donagh Praise group and Choir with soloist Miss Rebecca Breakey. The organist was Mrs Ethne McCord.
After the service, Sir John Leslie gave a brief historical talk on St. Salvator’s Church.
Refreshments were served in the Church hall when a small gift was presented to the Reverend Robert Kingston to mark his retirement as Rural Dean and to thank him for his work in the Donagh group over the last three years.
From: Mrs Ethne McCord (Tel: 0044 7884411896)