Clogher Diocesan Board of Religious Education<
Clogher Diocesan Board of Religious Education
Archdeacon Ruddell Prize 2011
This competition is open to children of primary school age and can be either
an individual or group entry. Prizes will be awarded at diocesan synod in
What do you have to do?
- Produce an illustrated booklet of prayers (A5 size), either handwritten
or word processed.
- Write eight prayers, choosing two from each of the following sections:
- Adoration: praise God e.g. for his greatness, his power,
- Confession: say sorry to God e.g. for wrong thoughts,
actions, anger, jealousy
- Thanksgiving: thank God e.g. for family, friends, food,
the Bible, fun
- Supplication: ask God for help e.g. for the needs of
the world, children in need, missionaries, our church.
The four headings in bold must be covered. The examples are for further
clarification only and the lists are not exhaustive.
All prayers must be original,
the work of those entering.
All entries to be sent to CDBRE secretary – Joyce Clingan, 37 Meadown
Farm, Garvary, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, BT74 4QS by Tuesday 14th June